Thursday, January 13, 2005

Welcome to RockBusiness

Welcome to RockBusiness, my new blog giving an inside look at the music industry from a student's perspective. This will not be structured like industry press, but rather geared more toward the casual reader who has an interest in the business. Any jargon I use will be defined at the bottom of each post or within the post itself. In addition I will be posting a weekly segment devoted to the explanation of a significant idea or process within the music business. There will also be a great deal of my own opinion about current trends in the business.

I am currently a junior at the Drexel University College of Media Arts and Design in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I am a student of the Music Industry program specializing in the business track of the program. This program is very interactive; we students learn the ins and outs of the business by actively working in it. We work with real artists and put out real records in order to ready ourselves for our careers. By this fact I feel I am in a unique position to provide those with interest in music and the music industry a close-up look by way of my own experiences.

This blog is neither endorsed or acknowledged by Drexel University or any of its subsidiaries. This is the personal, volunteer work of myself and any of my contributors done for no fiscal benefit whatsoever. Any links I may provide do not reflect an endorsement by the linked party of my personal views.

With all that said, I hope you enjoy the blog, and feel free to comment if you are so inclined.

2/15 - Update: Major change here - screw the whole journalistic thing, this is going to be a place for whatever I want. Sometimes it will be what I said orginally but either way it's a much more adult, much less the world hates me ranting (ie Livejournal, no offense). Thank you and that is all, stay tuned for a wierd piece of writing I did today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home